We all find joy (and survival) in the little things - whether it's coffee in the mornings, catching up on our DVR after bedtime, enjoying our favorite dessert, slaying a great workout, cooking a new recipe, finding solitude in a yoga class, or curling up at the end of the night with a glass of wine. With #MONTHOFMAMA, we've wanted you to find comfort in your pre-established routine(s), but also encourage you to try new things - new recipes, new workouts, new mindfulness tips, and find new connections with other mamas participating.
Here in our home-office area of San Diego, we are lucky to have so many fun, organic cafes with SO many healthy options. We wanted to bring a few of our favorite recipes from our tables to yours, and teamed up with GOODONYA Organic Cafe to make that happen. But, knowing how much our mamas also love wine and entertaining, we partnered with SECCO Wine Club to share wine pairings with each dish. So, Mama, we've got you the next time you want to host a night out with some California-style cuisine and a little mama juice. (Remember to enjoy responsibly, and we're also huge fans of iced tea, lemonade, and kombucha!)
- 2 Handfuls of Mixed Greens [butter lettuce, baby kale, baby spinach]
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Sliced in Half
- 1/4 Avocado, Sliced or Cubed
- 1/2 Persian Cucumber, Sliced
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in Half
- 2 Tablespoons Feta [Sheep + Goat Blend is our Fav]
- About 8-10 Sunflower Sprouts
- 1/4 Cup Fermented Carrot + Ginger Blend [which you can buy pre-made, make your own, or just use raw, shredded carrots]
SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 Tablespoon Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- Add all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients.
- Toss dressing into salad bowl and coat evenly.
- 1 Large Spinach Tortilla, or Tortilla of Choice
- 1/4 Cup Feta [Sheep + Goat Blend]
- 1/4 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach
- In a skillet, add Chosen Foods avocado oil or grass-fed ghee or butter and warm.
- Slice mushrooms and add to pan. Season however you prefer [we love garlic + pink Himalayan sea salt + ground black pepper].
- Saute mushrooms until browned.
- On a plate, add tortilla.
- Layer cheese, fresh spinach, and mushrooms on half of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half.
- Add stuffed tortilla to skillet and allow each side to turn light brown. Flip, repeat, and remove when cheese is melted to your desired warmth + consistency.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a couple minutes; slice, and serve!
- 1 Cappello's Gluten Free Crust
- GOODONYA's Homemade Pesto [recipe below]
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
HOMEMADE PESTO INGREDIENTS:
P.S. - This makes a TON! But you can keep as a sauce to put on everything, or freeze to use later; yes, it freezes well!
- 3 Pounds Spinach
- 1 Pound Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Celtic Salt
- 10 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil or Chosen Foods Avocado Oil [or enough to blend]
- 1 Whole Lemon, Peeled and Seeded
HOMEMADE PESTO DIRECTIONS:
Put all in food processor and blend away.
- Add crust to oven and follow packaging to bake properly.
- When crust is fully cooked, spread an even layer of pesto on top.
- Top pesto with tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Optional, top with freshly ground black pepper.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
As a thank you for being such a special part of our mama community, we'd like to give you a special deal on any SECCO Wine Club deliveries!
*Please note, at this time, SECCO wine can only be shipped + delivered within in the state of California. However, keep an eye out, because they're expanding soon! Discount deal starts 5-10-17 at midnight PST . Expires on 5-17-17 at 12pm noon PST
10% off of first order + FREE SHIPPING
Use “fit4mom10” as code to redeem 10% off + free shipping
Code is valid for any club level
Cancel at any time after the first month
Other Details :
Three options - Mixed, Reds, Whites
3 bottle (mixed only), 6 bottle (red, white, mixed) and 12 bottle (Red, white, mixed) configuration
and as a second thank you, we're thrilled to also offer you
15% off 1051 Organic Hydration, born out of
GOODYONYA Organic Cafe in Encinitas, CA.
THE DEETS - Discount code is effective from 5/11-5/16 and the discout code is FIT4MOM15. It's good on any flavor (Berry, Lemon, and Orange) and when you buy 3 cases, you get free ground shipping!
- 72 trace minerals per bottle
- 1-5 grams of sugar per bottle
- Just 10-25 calories per bottle
- Certified Organic
- Verified non-GMO