Republished with permission from Veggies Don't Bite
The original post of the recipe is found below -
• ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chickpea brine (juice from can ofchickpeas)
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 can chickpeas (15 oz)
• ½ cup chopped carrots
• ½ cup chopped celery
• ½ cup pumpkin seeds/pepitas
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional, my hubby is not a fan so I leave it out for him)
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• Sliced cucumber
- Drain the can of chickpeas, reserving the juice. Chop carrots, celery and dill into chunky pieces with a food processor and put into a large bowl.
- Next add the chickpeas into the food processor and pulse until chunky. Take out all but ¼ cup and add to the bowl with the veggies and dill. Puree the leftover chickpeas into a paste and set aside.
- Add the reserved chickpea brine (you can store the rest for future use), along with the vinegar and lemon juice into a bowl and beat with a stand mixer (with whisk attachment) or beater until it begins to get thick and creamy. Add the chickpea paste and continue to beat until it turns into a thick creamy mixture.
- Add the creamy mixture to the bowl with the chickpeas and veggies. Add pumpkin seeds, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Serve on bread with cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce!
Know more about Sophia's journey to better food choices and healthier lifestyle.