Muffins are our go-to grab-n-go breakfast fav, as they're whole-fam approved, easy to bake, and you can sneak healthy things into them ;) These strawberry, blackberry, and chocolate chip muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan optional. Enjoy!
Makes 6 muffins. Double ingredients to make 12.
- 4 tablespoons ground chia + flax seed, combined
- About 4 strawberries, washed and sliced into small cubes
- About 10 blackberries, washed sliced into small cubes
- About 1 tablespoon Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods avocado oil
- 1 egg or vegan option; 1 flax egg or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- About 4 tablespoons cup almond milk. If batter is too thick, add more milk.
- Consistency should be like pancake batter and a little on the thick side
- Optional: add about 2 cups of pureed spinach to batter to sneak in veggies, fiber, and iron
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, or get ready to use your toaster oven
- Add all dry ingredients into large mixing bowl and blend
- Add wet ingredients into another bowl and blend (leaving toppings out)
- Add all ingredients together and mix
- Spray muffin tin with Chosen Foods coconut or avocado oil, or line with muffin liners
- Evenly distribute batter into muffin tin, leaving room for fruit/toppings
- Add strawberries, blackberries, and/or chocolate chips, however you want to disperse
- Mix toppings into batter
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, or until middle is cooked all the way through
- Let cool and enjoy! These are best when still warm!
- You can freeze extras, or store in the refrigerator, then pop in the microwave to warm later.
Recipe by Shelley of Seashells and Sit Ups