When it comes to sending your kids back to school, every mama could use a little help brainstorming lunchbox ideas.
In our Back to School, Back to You: Survival Kit, our first-ever back-to-school magazine, we share healthy lunchbox ideas, tips to creating a routine, homemade alternatives to fast food meals, chore charts for every age, at-home workouts that are efficient and quick, easy weeknight dinner recipes for when you're short on time, and more.
One of the lunchbox ideas from our back-to-school guide includes an English muffin pizza. You can customize these cute little gems however you wish; use gluten-free English muffins or dairy-free cheese to accommodate allergies, use whole wheat, sourdough, or whole grain English muffins depending on your little one's flavor preference, and have fun with toppings and sauces!
Whether your toddler or elementary-aged babe loves a combo of pepperoni and black olive, all kinds of veggies, or is just a plain-cheese fan, this quick, easy recipe is a hit for lunchboxes, at-home lunches, picnics, road trips...you name it!
- English muffin, cut in half
- Mozzarella cheese (or dairy-free cheese for allergies / lactose intolerance)
- Pizza sauce - try to buy organic, if possible. You can also use Alfredo sauce (great with chicken and veggies!)
- Toppings of choice! Black olives, bell peppers, broccoli, avocado, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, chicken, etc.
- Line a baking sheet (these are great when made in a toaster oven!) with tinfoil
- Lay out English muffin halves evenly
- Spread sauce atop English muffin halves
- Add cheese
- Add toppings
Bake at 425 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- Serve & enjoy immediately, or pack in a lunchbox (let cool before your little one bites into this - they will be hot!)
Want more lunchbox ideas? We've got ya, Mama! In our brand new Back to School, Back to You magazine, we have all the things to help you stay grounded and inspired, even amongst the chaos of the back-to-school season. Saying goodbye to summer is most definitely bittersweet, so we hope this survival kit helps make your life a little easier.
You can also find more lunchbox ideas in previous blog postings; search "lunchbox ideas" or click the link below --