One month! We are one month in to our 8-week Summer Body Countdown. How's it going? You can always go back to week 1 and work on one habit at a time before you move on! If you are on track, then here we go...
- Eat less salt. Our body holds water to dilute salt in our body. When you reduce, you will see some pounds drop. Just realize that it's water weight and not actually fat. 400 milligrams of sodium could equal two pounds. You may see a reduction in bloating in just a matter of days! A healthy recommendation is 2,300 milligrams per day. Most Americans eat 3,500 plus! Don't think that you are fine if you don't salt your foods. Most of our salt intake comes from processed foods and restaurant foods.
- Cut out carbonated beverages. Those fizzy drinks can cause gas to get stuck in your belly. This doesn't cause belly fat but the bloating is probably something you want to avoid in your bikini. Try water flavored with lemon, lime or cucumber.
- Get your portion sizes in line. How much are you eating? Really? Food portions in the U.S. have doubled and even tripled in the last two decades. These super sized portions have distorted our view of what a meal should look like. Most portions should not be much larger than your fist. Start measuring or at least paying attention until you realize what a proper portion should look like.
- Take a walk after dinner. Many studies have found that a post meal walk of 15 minutes can aid in digestion and help keep blood sugar levels low. The process of metabolizing your meal is accelerated when you walk after a meal.
- Find an accountability partner. Bottom line is that we need accountability! It's a win win situation when you can find someone with similar goals. Find another mama who wants to do the Summer Body Countdown Challenge. Agree to what you are committing to and check in on each other. Meet for workouts and text each other for added accountability!
* Keep adding on from previous weeks!