So, fun fact - about three years ago, I was attempting to make chocolate cashew milk before there were recipes for it all over Instagram and Pinterest, and before I added the liquid, my blender warmed up the cashews and the cocoa and I accidentally stumbled upon a healthy mousse recipe I've been obsessed with ever since.
Did you know today (April 3rd) is National Chocolate Mousse Day?!
In honor of my accidental discovery a few years ago before healthy mousse was really a "thing," I'm sharing my recipe along with a few other favorites...
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 48 hours
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or non-vegan) raw, local honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Rinse cashews and add to blender (I use my Ninja single-serve cup).
- Add remaining ingredients, adding water last. Add half the 1/4 cup, try to blend, and if you need more liquid to blend, add gradually.
- Blend on high until well blended and mixture is whipped, like mousse-consistency.
- Serve with your favorite fruit and enjoy! I use strawberries, raspberries, and bananas; it was AMAZE.
- You can also find a vanilla version here.
Show us how you're celebrating your love for chocolate mousse by tagging us on Instagram at @FIT_4_MOM and using #FIT4MOM in your pictures so we can share on social!