With just days away from Valentine's Day, it seems like a good time to talk about dating our spouse. When I speak to most moms, they tell me that their marriage is definitely taking a back burner to parenting. However, rekindling that romance may be one of the best gifts you can give your kids.
How do you want your son to act towards his wife? How do you want your daughter to act towards her husband? Or partner? If we want them to know support, romance, love, then we need to show them how it's done.
Think back to when you first started dating.
Looking for ways to surprise them?
Looking in to their eyes?
Seems like a long time ago huh? Totally get it. This parenting stuff is exhausting at any age. Here are 10 ideas to get that spark going...
1) Give him a ten second kiss.
2) Put on your prettiest panties and let him know.
3) Leave a surprise note for him in the car.
4) Write him a randy text.
5) Cook his favorite dinner just because.
6) Put a date night on the calendar.
7) Play. Tickle or wrestle even if the kids are around.
8) Take a walk together and hold hands.
9) Have an at home happy hour before dinner starts and connect.
10) This may be one of the most important! Learn your partners Love Language.
I once heard Dr. Laura say that if people only had sex when both people were in the mood, then no one would have sex. Do one of these things even if you are not in the mood. It will create some romantic momentum. Put a date night on the calendar once a month at the very least. Find a way to connect with your partner once a day, even if for just a few minutes. You may be surprised to see how good it feels to date your mate!