Blog post link from FIT4MOM Quad Cities
I am always excited to highlight a new mom of the month, we have such great members at FIT4MOM QC and I want to shout to the rooftops about them!! This month... meet Kimberly! Kimberly has been a regular at all of our Stroller Strides classes, playgroups and Mom's Nights since our grand re-opening. This summer she took part (and smashed her goals) in our 5K training program and next week will begin her Body Back journey with our mini session! Enough of my babbling, here is what Kimberly has to say:
1) Where are you from? I was born in Davenport and graduated from Bettendorf High School. I attended college in Atlanta and moved to Iowa City for graduate school. My husband, Brian, and I returned to the Quad Cities to open a dental practice two years ago!
2) How many kids do you have? I have two kids – Jeremiah and Avani are 18 month old boy/girl twins!
3) How long have you been coming to Stroller Strides? I started attending Stroller Strides last summer during Chelsea’s grand re-opening promotional event.
4) What motivates you to exercise? Energy and sleep! When I exercise I have more energy during the day and I sleep better at night. This summer I really enjoyed participating in races with other FIT4MOMs, so now I am also motivated to exercise to stay in shape for more fun group races!
5) What is your favorite thing about FIT4MOM? My friends!! I really appreciate the friendships that I have built because it is so important to have a network of moms that I can call on to vent, commiserate, and receive parenting wisdom. Without this Village I would feel isolated as a stay-at-home-mom and spend lots of time wondering if other kids do the same crazy/annoying/adorable things as mine do!
6) What is your favorite thing to do for yourself, in your Mom-ME time? In the morning I like to drink coffee in silence and work on my blog posts and in the evening I like to watch Project Runway and separate the 300 outtakes from the 30 gems on my iphone camera.