4 whole grain naan bread (Or gluten free/whole grain flatbread)
6 organic eggs, whisked until light and airy
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
4 strips uncured turkey or applewood smoked bacon
1 1/2 Tbsp raw coconut oil
1/2 can tomato paste
1 teaspoon adobo sauce (find chiles in adobo in your grocery store aisles. You can also substitute your fave hot sauce. Adobo is VERY spicy so proceed with caution.)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup shredded goat milk gouda or feta cheese
1/2 sweet onion, julienned
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Non-stick cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 350. Lightly mist naan or flatbread and toast in oven until slightly crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven but keep oven on.
2) In a large skillet, heat coconut oil. Add eggs and cook over medium heat until just set and beginning to firm up. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) Saute onions over low heat until soft and sugars release, about 15 minutes.
4) In a separate pan, cook bacon until crisp, or layer between sheets of paper towels and cook in the microwave on HIGH for about 6 minutes or until crisp. The paper towels will absorb excess grease. Chop into small pieces.
5) Mix tomato paste, adobo sauce and olive oil in a small bowl and brush onto each flatbread. Top with eggs, chopped bacon, cheese and smoked paprika. You can also drizzle remaining adobo sauce mixture on top, if desired.
6) Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Finish with chopped cilantro and enjoy with a side of melon or mixed berries.
Eatcleaner is the premier lifestyle destination for eating cleaner, safer food everyday. No chemical additives, sweeteners, flavors or fillers – just a celebration of real, delicious food.