Black-Eyed Pea Salad Directions:
1) Add about 2 cups of prepared black eyed peas.
2) Add diced cucumber. I use a Persian cucumber with less seeds in it.
3) Add some diced red bell pepper and sliced red onion.
4) Add half a cup of fat-free feta cheese.
5) Mix in the bowl
1) Add 2 tablespoons of lemon and a little bit of the zest.
2) Add extra virgin olive oil
3) Add dried oregano
4) Add a bit of Himalayan sea salt with some freshly ground black pepper.
5) Mix and serve!
Why is this dish great?
Black eyed peas are a symbol of good luck. They’re often eaten around New Years to bring on a great new year. But you can eat this anytime.
Super light, full of protein, lots of nice crunch from the vegetables, and easy to make.
More healthy choices for the family from Eatcleaner.