We're so proud of the work Jessica is doing to help women build the Strength for Motherhood through her FIT4MOM Las Vegas, NV. She has a passion for health and wellness that she carries through her business and community. Jessica is our 2015 Franchisee of the Year! We're putting our Spotlight on Jessica Peralta!
Here are a few links to learn more about FIT4MOM Las Vegas:
FACEBOOK: Stroller Strides Las Vegas
- Tell me about your FIT4MOM journey. How did it start and where are you now? Before becoming a FIT4MOM franchisee, I worked as a Critical Care Registered Nurse and was a Travel RN for 8 years before landing in a Trauma Intensive Care Unit in Las Vegas where I also worked as a Clinical Professor for a nursing program at our local university. Shortly after the birth of my first daughter in 2011, I began my quest for a career that would be supportive of my new journey through motherhood. Las Vegas is known to be a very transient city and I found myself craving the opportunity to connect with other like minded women who could really empathize with all that I was going through as a new Mom. I did almost a full year of research before ultimately deciding to invest into my franchise.
- Why did you choose FIT4MOM? FIT4MOM embraces all of the things I valued as a new mom and a new business owner. Not only was I investing into a franchise, but I was welcomed into a family… an outstanding corporate support team and a truly unique network of other business owners who were there to connect, assist and encourage me and my new venture every step of the way. As a brand, FIT4MOM is well respected in the fitness industry offering pre- and post-natal fitness programs for every stage of motherhood with nationally certified instructors that are second to none (VERY important to me as a healthcare professional). What sets this company apart from any other is the true village that is created amongst its members nationwide through its fitness programs, social events, children’s playgroups and community outreach. Offering so much more than just fitness, FIT4MOM strives to empower moms across the country by bringing together like-minded women in an effort to build stronger healthier families. It is a movement that I knew I had to be a part of. I'm now operating classes at 13 different locations with a team of 14 incredible women offering over 20 classes per week. We've also just opened our FIT4MOM Studio!
- What does success mean to you? Success to me can be defined in a number of different ways. In business I see success as setting goals for myself, achieving those goals and then figuring out how I can take it to the next level. It's a constantly moving target that helps to keep me challenged. In life, I see success as creating and maintaining a balance that allows me to feel fulfilled with the work I do everyday and the quality time I am able to spend with my family and MYSELF;-) Ultimately, success to me means happiness!
- What advice would you give a franchisee in her first year of ownership? In her third year? If I had advice for a brand newfranchisee, I’d emphasize the importance of structuring your time wisely. Owning a new business can be overwhelming (especially if you are a brand new mompreneur) and so it’s always important to pace yourself with goals that are SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely). Rome wasn’t built in a day… so build your business wisely… not overnight. Even now, I am very strategic with when and where I open new locations... while I’m very proud to have 13 different locations offering Stroller Strides, Stroller Barre, Fit4Baby, Body Back and Run Club at almost every single one of those, I always give myself certain benchmarks that I need to meet before expanding. Advice for a seasoned Franchisee? Well, 3 years in I know it is incredibly easy to feel burnt out, overwhelmed, and perhaps even lose momentum and drive with our daily work. This is when I think it’s more important than ever to connect with other franchisees, challenge one another in brainstorming sessions and most importantly keep your inner fire lit with your continuing education. And remember... it’s okay to give yourself some breaks!!!! Find quality team members who can help alleviate your daily load so you can focus in on new and innovative ways to grow your business. If you work to keep your ideas fresh, the work you do will never become boring!
- What is your most exciting accomplishment as a FIT4MOM franchisee? I am very excited for our new FIT4MOM Studio! This is new territory for myself and I look forward to working with Corporate in exploring how we can establish solid programming and test out this model of business.
- What has been the hardest obstacle to overcome as a franchisee? Owning a FIT4MOM Franchise was my first experience as a business owner and there was a huge adjustment with understanding how to keep myself balanced. An ongoing challenge both then and now is that delicate balance of owning a business as a mother. I started this business while I was pregnant with my 3rd baby (mind you my other two were under the age of 2) and I have to remind myself constantly that I am first and foremost a proud mother to three girls aged 2, 4 and 5. I am very passionate about this business and the many vital lessons I’ve learned along the journey. I firmly believe that if you are truly passionate about your business and its services, everything else will fall into place so long as if you have the faith and conviction that it will. Balance is essential in helping you to reach your business goals while still being the best mom, wife, and friend you can be.
- How has being chose as Franchisee of the Year changed your perspective as a mom, a business owner and a leader within FIT4MOM? I am so humbled with this most recent honor. To be recognized while doing something I am so passionate about is incredible. As a mom, I’m most proud that my girls can see a strong and determined mama who lives a life with purpose in a career that still allows me to be truly present in their day to day lives. As a business owner, I feel called to share my experience with others... both the triumphs and the challenges. Really letting other franchisees know that they aren’t alone in whatever they might be going through.
- What is your best skill as a business owner? It may sound simple, but I would say my best skill would be in communication. Communication is how I am able to cultivate a loyal Instructor Team, make every single client feel appreciated and valued, and create strategic relationships with other companies and businesses that support me and my franchise that can help me to grow. I LOVE doing presentations for local mommy groups, providing in-services for area hospitals/clinics, and leap at any opportunity for media exposure where I can let FIT4MOM Las Vegas shine (I am a shameless self promoter for my biz). Good communication skills also come in handy during those times when conflict resolution is needed.
- What advice do you want to share with your fellow FIT4MOM franchisees? Take every lesson throughout your journey as just that… a learning opportunity. Although there have been some learning experiences for me that have been more difficult than others, each one has made me the business owner (and person) that I am today. The work we do is NOT EASY. Realize that we all have our moments of doubt, failure and challenges. It’s how we choose to approach those moments that determines our ultimate success within our businesses. Most importantly, LEAN ON ONE ANOTHER! If anyone can relate to both the highs and lows of owning a business as a mom, it’s other FIT4MOM Franchisees! Allow yourself to embrace and lean on that same Village you work so hard to to create in your own franchises.