Yes, it's true! I'm going to suggest that you get on one more social media platform! Oh no!!!! Oh yes!
Have you yet heard of Periscope? Periscope is the latest platform from Twitter. In just three months, Periscope has over 2 million users. What is it? Periscope is a live streaming video platform. In some ways, it's like reality television with real people world wide. But I am finding it's a great way to follow mentors, leaders and experts. Never before have they been so real and so accessible!
What might you see on Periscope? Anything from someone walking their dog in Paris to cooking in Rome. You can see someone sharing their favorite workout or organizing their closet. I just watched a live scope with Deepok Chopra! I love Periscope because they can answer your questions live!
Our goal at FIT4MOM is to give all women the strength for motherhood. A platform like this will give us the ability to reach moms world wide! We don't know where it will take us or what we will do but we are ready to play!
Join me this week for the following LIVE broadcasts...
- Monday 8/24 4:45 a.m. pst - I will be LIVE broadcasting my actual morning routine. Join me for coffee, journaling and a meditation. I will show you how I start my morning with purpose and intention!
- Tuesday 8/25 6:00 a.m. pst - Let's workout together. I will do a 15 minute guts and butts workout!
- Wednesday 8;26 11:30 a.m. pst - I am going to interview my good friend and healthy mama, Mareya Ibrahim. Mareya is the founder of eatcleaner.com. We will talk about getting our family to eat cleaner!
- Thursday 8/27 12:00 p.m. pst - I am going to share how I set up my pantry and fridge so my kids are set to pack healthy school lunches.
- Friday 8/28 10:00 a.m. pst - I am going to record my Motivating Mom podcast LIVE. I will answer your questions about fitness, food, life balance and more!
So, how do you get on Periscope? It's so easy!
How do I sign up?
To sign up with Twitter:
- Sign in using your Twitter credentials. If you have multiple Twitter accounts on your device, you will be prompted to choose which one you want to sign up with.
- Your Twitter profile picture and bio will migrate over to your Periscope account, and we will build a list of suggested followers based on who you follow on Twitter. Remember, Periscope doesn't automatically import your Twitter followers.
- Enter your name.
- Choose a Periscope username (handle). This can be different from your current Twitter handle.
- Your bio information transfers over from Twitter; you can always edit it in your Periscope profile on iOS. Profile changes in Android will be coming soon.
What are hearts? Hearts are a way for you to share the Periscope love! If you like what you're seeing, just tap the screen to give the broadcaster a heart!
How do I find and follow people on Periscope?
- Tap the People Tab to find a list of suggested users to follow. Note: The People Tab helps you find interesting people to follow by listing ‘Featured People,’ people you are ‘Following on Twitter’ and ‘Most Loved’ people (users who have received the most hearts). Periscope doesn't import any of your Twitter followers or those you are following.
- You can search for specific people by:
- Tapping the People Tab.
- Tapping the magnifying glass icon on the top left.
- Entering their name(s) in the search bar. Look for me at @lisadruxman.
- To follow anyone, just tap the "+" icon!
How do I chat? Interacting with the broadcasts is one of the great things about Periscope. All you have to do is tap on the "Say something" prompt on the bottom of the screen and you'll be able to type your thoughts and questions!
If you want to reply to a specific viewer, just tap on their comment and you'll be able to reply directly to them! Easy peasy.
How do I share broadcasts I'm watching? You can share live broadcasts with your Periscope followers by swiping right on iOS and up on Android and tapping Share. You'll be able to share on Twitter, with specific people on your follower list or all your followers. You can also copy the link so you can share it on other platforms.
These Periscope tips come right from the folks at https://www.periscope.tv/. I'm just learning how to use Periscope so feel free to make suggestions, ask questions and connect with us.
I look forward to connecting with you soon!