Experience a soup that carries a whole day of goodness and wellness.
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 medium fuji or pink lady apple, cored and quartered
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated ginger (use 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger if dehydrated unavailable)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place whole butternut squash and sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet and mist with non-stick cooking spray. Cook until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out flesh (not seeds) with a spoon. Peel skin off of sweet potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Saute onion in grapeseed oil over medium heat until translucent. Remove from heat and transfer to blender with squash, sweet potatoes, apples and broth. Blend until smooth, then add yogurt and seasonings. Adjust spice as desired.
- Blend mixture for 5 minutes or until hot. You may also transfer to a stock pot and cook thoroughly. Top with sunflower seeds and enjoy!
The original post for this heartwarming creation is here -