Can you believe it's almost July?! Which means the 4th of July is just around the corner! We know #themotherhoodisreal and life is B U S Y . B U S Y, especially in the summer when kiddos are out of school and life is extra hectic!
So, we wanted to create a handful of Independence Day themed (and easy!) recipes that literally take under 5 minutes each to whip together; infused berry water and a berry easy American fruit flag. We also added a couple of our other favorite recipes that are perfect for potlucks and holiday BBQ - grilled peaches and strawberry "pancake" muffins. Find all the recipes below, and happy Forth of July!
- 2 cups organic strawberries, washed & sliced
- 1 cup organic blueberries, washed & left whole
- Optional: ice
- A water pitcher for serving
- Add water to pitcher
- Add berries
- Add ice
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional garnish: mint
- Skewers of choice (wooden, plastic, or metal)
- About 2 cups raspberries (fresh), washed and dried
- About 1/4 cup blueberries (20 to be exact unless you want to add another row, then 25)
- About 1/2 cup mini marshmallows or sliced bananas (marshmallows shown)
- Follow pattern in picture adding berries, marshmallows/bananas to skewers
- Line up into flag
- Serve and enjoy!
Muffins are our go-to grab-n-go breakfast fav, as they're whole-fam approved, easy to bake, and you can sneak healthy things into them ;) These strawberry, blackberry, and chocolate chip muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan optional. Enjoy!
Makes 6 muffins. Double ingredients to make 12.
- 4 tablespoons ground chia + flax seed, combined
- About 4 strawberries, washed and sliced into small cubes
- About 10 blackberries, washed sliced into small cubes
- About 1 tablespoon Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods avocado oil
- 1 egg or vegan option; 1 flax egg or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- About 4 tablespoons cup almond milk. If batter is too thick, add more milk.
- Consistency should be like pancake batter and a little on the thick side
- Optional: add about 2 cups of pureed spinach to batter to sneak in veggies, fiber, and iron
Find the directions here on these muffin's original post.
Find the directions here on these grilled peaches' original post.
We can't wait to see your 4th of July recipes! Tag us on Instagram, @fit_4_mom, and use the hashtags #FIT4MOM so we can see and share!